Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Les Bicyclettes

Les Bicyclettes de Michelle

I dream I ride a turquoise blue bicycle,
And wear a straw hat with ribbons streaming behind me.
A red ribbon.
In one hand I hold the leash of Michelle,
A standard white poodle who knows sign language and has a sign that says "Don't pet me I'm working".
Michelle and I are taking a break from working.
She trots happily beside me as I pedal,
And we sing "Michelle ma belle sont les mots qui vont tre bien ensemble... "
And "Les Bicyclettes de Belsize".
Michelle, we will run away and join the circus.
Michelle, you can talk to the silent clowns.
Michelle, we will retire to the country and I will spend my pension on your extremely expensive grooming
Because you trotted beside me and I rode my bicycle and our ribbons flew in the wind.



2 comments:

Grotus' Acorn said...

I really like your poems!

Abby said...

I saw a big white poodle in Michaels staring longingly at a little girl who was approaching. Neither knew about the sign that said "Don't pet me I'm working", but the mother saw it and barked (no pun intended), "No!Don't touch her!" The little girl and the dog looked so sad. I decided her real "vocation" was to be a poodle at the circus and entertain children and talk to the clowns. She really does know sign language. The handler (an obnoxious woman) gave the sign for "take a break" and Michelle visibly went "at ease." It was cool, but Michelle didn't really like doing it.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.