God, aka "Master of the Universe" deals with me on a personal level. He takes me quite seriously but often responds in a humorous way. I was having some hard times a couple of years ago and felt like I'd lost my way. "OH GOD!" I howled out piteously at the universe "Please give me a sign! Please!"
The next day I pulled up behind a car at a redlight and noticed the vanity tag said: "Jn 316". I mentally noted this was nice. Drove a little bit farther and saw a second vanity tag which read:" "God Cares" and on the way home, I kid you not, saw yet another tag that said "Let God".
Another time, needing someone to talk to, the tag that appeared was a verse from psalms. I looked it up and it was the verse that has been made into a song we sang at church so much it became my official ear worm. It played over and over in my head. Message: Go talk to Don. I went and talked to my pastor.
I get actual signs.
Yesterday, I felt sick at work and left early. I'd been awake since 2 am with the stress shouting in my ear "Wake up! Do something!" No amount of talking back would quiet the stress. A sign, I said. I need a sign.
I pulled up (I always pull up behind my signs) behind a car with a tag that said "Matt 128". When I got home, I eagerly looked up Matthew 1:28.
There is no 28th verse.
Crushed, I sadly lay down and thanks to Tylenol PM slept until 7 pm.
Later I looked up Matthew 12:8. It was about the Sabbath. About resting, about the Son of Man being lord of the Sabbath.
Rest.
Time for rest.
Let it rest.
Thanks for the sign!
4,665
-
I guess it's been almost five years since I've written anything here.
Plenty of time for it to cool down. We'll see what happens. Medical
training has ende...
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.